If you’re looking for a new job, thinking about moving or thinking about buying a second home – you may want to check out this list of hottest markets for 2018 to determine where and where NOT to buy.
If you’re looking for a market that’s in a good position to grow, this will be a good list to check out. Trulia used five key metrics when determining which markets were the hottest in 2018:
- Strong job growth
- Low vacancy rates
- Home search rates on Trulia.com
- High population of young households
We were shocked to see that Ohio and Texas were home to a lot of the hottest real estate markets. Check out who else made the list.
- Grand Rapids, MI: This spot made the list because of it’s strong employment growth, which is up 2.5 percent year-over-year. It also has a low vacancy rate.
- Nashville, TN: Nashville has a 23 percent share of households under 35, which is extremely high, with strong job growth – that’s why it tops the list.
- Raleigh, NC: The city of Oaks tops the list because of its job growth strength (3rd overall) and low vacancy rates (15th overall).
- El Paso, TX: The average price for a home is $186K and it’s median age is 33, with 24 percent of residents are single.
- San Antonio, TX: San Antonio’s job growth increased by 2.2 percent in 2017 and the national homeownership rate has increased for the first time in 10 years.
- Fort Worth, TX: This city has the youngest population of any metro in Texas. The city has a 68 percent homeownership rate.
For the full list of hottest cities, you can check out Trulia’s list. Once you find that perfect city to call home, we hope you’ll consider giving us a call if you’re in the Pittsburgh area!